Monday, September 01, 2008

Below are some pictures of the past week. This past week had been interesting for me. God has really been teaching me how HE is always constant through the change. It's funny to see friendships/relationships change so fast. It's not that I went from having best friends to having none at all...it just that I am making new friends while my old ones are doing the same. I feel almost jealous that all my buddies are making new friends, like I don't want to share them. But, that's not the way life goes and that is what God has been showing me. Through the change He will be a strong tower. I was reading in James that "He does not change like the shifting shadows". Sometimes it's hard letting yourself fall into His loving arms,surrendering when you think life would go a lot smoother if you were in control. Haha..like I was ever in control anyways:) Through this learning experience God has also revealed how much my family loves me and supports me. They will always be there too...and I can't wait to come home to them!
So, the journey beings as I am off to Calvin tomorrow! I am so excited!I will try and post pictures of my room and some campus life. Here I go!

My dad and I went on a date to Little Italy, Cleveland for lunch and then on to the art museum after. Aren't we refined! Well, it was asuch a good time with my dad, I love and respect him so much. This little tree of tomatoes was sitting on the sidewalk. I thought it was so cute.

This was where my dad and I had lunch! I had the world's best manicotti!

And for dessert we went to a bakery for cannoli! I have decided that it is the best dessert..ever.

Isn't that a beautiful cake! It was so yummy...I had a piece with one of the big flowers...oh man, woth every single calorie.


Me and my cousin Julie at a last family get together

2 comments:

Garnet Subak said...

Wow ! I just read the whole blog---You are an amazing young woman. I am so very proud of you. Sending love, Mimi x0x0x0x0x0x

Anonymous said...

Cool blog you got here. I'd like to read something more concerning this matter. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is a few pictures of any gizmos.

Jeff Flouee
jammers cell phone