Wednesday, September 17, 2008


This is for you mom : a first day of school picture. :)

This is our fish! Due to our floor being Disney Princess themed and that he is always sleeping we named him Prince Phillip ( from Sleeping Beauty)

someone getting decked out...ready for CHAOS!

BHT spirit!

me and my new buddy hannah working on some homework

some friends at dinner

Hi all! Sorry i haven't had the chance to update in awhile. College keeps me pretty busy. Things are going well here in Grand Rapids. I am adjusting to this whole new life that God has placed before me. Classes are going well and keeping me mighty busy. My favorite class is called "Communications in the Classroom" This class,which meets in an auditorium focuses on bringing different aspects of drama and communication into the classroom. We have talked about the power of storytelling, played games about communication and...will eventually be making puppets. When I leave that class I think to myself "Did I really just leave a college class?" It is a fun class where I learn a lot about the classroom. I can't wait to get to teaching and I am only a freshman in college! So, other things that have been going on around campus: Chaos Day (see pictures below) Chaos Day is basically a big kid's field day. It is a day when all the dorms participate in games like tug of war, hula hoop contests and some intense school spirit. I think the most fun part about it is the spirit side. Each dorm is assigned a theme and everyone goes crazy to make it fun. The best part is that all the themes have nothing to do with eachother. For example, my halls's theme was JAWS, yet others were firemen, James Bond, Super Mario and Tony the Tiger. Funny I know. I have really enjoyed getting to know the girls on my floor. They are such sweethearts and I can't wait to get to know them better. Unfortunately, I will have time to do together right now is homework :(
Please pray for me, I am still having a hard time being 5 hours from home. I love my family and it's really weird not to just walk down the stairs and see them. These past two weeks have been so stretching for me. With everything changing I had to rely on my unchanging, constant Lord. Hope you enjoy the pics!

No comments: