Saturday, September 06, 2008












Well, as you can see I have officially moved into Calvin. I didn't realize how bus orientation would keep me, it's been a whirlwind of a couple days! Above you will see pictures of my room, I have kind of made it feel like a home. Move in day was a mix of emotions. I was excited to get started on this new adventure of life, yet so sad to say goodbye to my family who I love dearly. You will also see pictures above of a sign that my roommate Joy and I made. We are going to get our fish tomrrow, so at around 12:30 one night we decided to make a suggestion box for names and posted it on the door. Wow were we in need of sleep. Also, you will see pictures of downtown Grand Rapids at night when we went to see some fireworks. The night picture is of me and my roommate Joy, she is scuh a sweetheart. We are really getting a long well, she has been such an encouragement to me. Not only do we pray together every night, but we are going to set up a night that we do devotions together each week! I am so thankful for her and the friendship that we are developing. Also, you will see a picture of me and my friend Amanda inside a bubble. As part of the orientation program called Quest each orientation group of 21 kids does ministry in the downtown Grand Rapids. My group went to the Children's Museum and helped them prep for their upcoming activites. I am now an expert brochure folder and ribbon cutter :) We also go to play with some of their awesome interactive toys.
I am nervous for classes to start on Monday. I am a little worried about the college workload, but yet again God is teaching me to lean on His everlasting arms. He has been really been teaching me about his soveriengty.
Off to ice cream sundaes...more to come later.

2 comments:

Jen Huizinga said...

Hi Becky,
I came across your blog through my Google alerts. I graduated from Calvin in 2006 and had a wonderful four years! I hope everything goes well for you on your first day of classes, my brother (Eric Buist) is starting his senior year today - it goes so fast! I just wanted to say hi and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

hi becky- so glad to see you posting. hope all is well. find the big swing in downtown grand rapids and swing for me :)