Sunday, September 28, 2008


We love Calvin!

Bored on a friday night!

The ever classic cardboard canoe race!

Joy and I with our suitemate Katie

Monk Mondays with Lynn!

My first Calvin vs. Hope game didn't end well for us...but GO KNIGHTS!

Panera for Joy's B-day!

Hello All! So, just wanted to give everyone an update of my life here at Calvin! I am beginning to feel much more comfortable here. God is giving me a real peace about everything. Now, that doesn't mean that I have lost all feelings of homesickness. However, I really am beginning to develop a sense of community and trust with the girls on my floor, kids in my classes and my terrific intramural soccer team. So here are some highlights from this week:
~ Monk Mondays: On Monday nights at 10 my floor watches an episode of Monk while curled up in blankets with hot coco. I look forward to it every week
~ Dorm Worship: Every Wednesday at 10 we have about a half hours of worship with my entire dorm. This week we sang otuside, as did many of the other dorms. I fell asleep to the sounds of kids lifting their voices to the Savior...awesome I know
~My communications in the classroom class: We are practicing the art of reading stories! I know that sounds silly, but we are looking at all the aspects of reading to a classroom. I am learning a lot while having fun!
~ Floor Date: My floor went on a date with another floor for homemade ice cream...need I say more?
~ Church this morning: I went to an awesome church this morning! After a kind of weak service last week, I was hoping that this church would be drastically different...and it was! This church is located in an urban area, had solid preaching, and lots of opportunites for ministry...yay!
~Movie with Aunt Karen: My Aunt Karen and I went to a movie on Friday night called Brideshead revisted....it was a deep thinker movie. Very artsy and cute.I love being able to have someone like a mom so close by!
AND...MY MOM AND MRS. UVEGES ARE COMING TO VISIT THIS WEEKEND! CAN'T WAIT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Becky,

Just wanted you to know that you are missed at youth group. I have no doubt that God is using you in other ways right now and giving you a peace about who you are. The friendships that you make in College will last you a lifetime. We are very proud of the young woman you have become. Take good care of yourself and hopefully we will see you around the holidays. Stay good and be well. Love Rosemary and Bill Mulligan