Monday, August 25, 2008

Whew...and so the week before leaving for school begins! I am busily packing my life away in boxes, which is really weird. Today my mom and I went on what I hope is a final shopping trip...getting snacks for my dorm, acne cream, gum, the little things that don't make sense together but are vitally important on their own. After the shopping we went to Strickland's for Fresh Banana ice cream. To some of you that may be appalling, but to me it was heavenly. I am really enjoying time with my mom. She and I have become really close, almost like best friends. It is going to be really hard to leave her...but make it oh so sweet when we can see each other again.I'm kind of a mix of emotions now, excited and nervous...praying that the Lord gives me the wisdom of how to glorify His name in the next couple weeks.
Below are some pictures of the noys I have been babysitting for this summer. Andersen, the oldest at three years old asked me to ride his tricycle with him. I simply told him that I would love to ride with him, but I was too big. He, being of curious mind asked why. I explained that when you get older you get bigger too. Smiling, he said "If you are so old, are you a grandma?" These boys teach me to appreciate every moment the Lord gives you, to take joy in all His blessings!
Me with the boys! Andersen (3),Everett (1 1/2) and Lincoln (10 months) They are so fun!

A good pic of me and Lincoln..doesn't he have beautiful eyes!
A last family outing before Joe and Grace went back to school...We love put put!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog, and it's very encouraging! I do work with my Catholic youth community, going on Mission and trying to evangelize our peers, and it's really great to see there are others doing the same work for Christ.

God bless, keep the faith. :)