Saturday, August 09, 2008

Smiling Through the Tears
So, I am officially 3 weeks and 2 days till I leave for Calvin. But, my dear friends are leaving in about a week. The past couple days it has really hit me. I am going to college and so are they. We are all going to different schools. We won't be walking with each other from class to class, laughing with each other at soccer practice, or having sleepovers after youth group. I am incredibly saddened by the fact that we are all going to be so far from each other. However, God has been showing me some important truths. He has placed my four best buddies in different schools.....4 different schools that can be impacted by His love. We have to get over our nerves and share about the joy the Savior gives us. Between my four friends we can impact Northern and Southern Ohio and West Michigan with His grace. What an awesome opportunity we have! Also, God has been teaching me to be thankful for the friends HE has provided and the times we have shared together. For example, Melis, Liz, Rach and I went to see "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" on Wednesday night. We took our own pair of pants wrote "Our Very Own Sisterhood" on them and scribbled memories we have shared together on the legs and pockets. As I looked over the pants, I realized how blessed I am. The Lord has given me friends that have encouraged me in my walk with Him. He has so blessed me with friends that have never encouraged me to compromise my values, because we all feel that our testimonies are sacred. The times we have shared together are irreplaceable.Such as: eating an entire apple crisp with Melissa as we stressed out over the thought of college(that was last September, now we could probably take out a 3 tiered cake), throwing out our economics folder with Rachel, making smoothies with Liz and dancing to music in the car with Hannah. They are my friends, they are leaving, but I can smile through the tears.

No comments: