Sunday, December 02, 2007

Here's my april article! Hope you enjoy!

Brio Article- April 2008
Where are your scars?
I remember that day so clearly. I was just ten years old, trying to play a game with some friends at family camp. The game of the day was capture the flag……with bocce balls. The seemingly dangerous game was great fun until I collided, bocce ball in hand, with the enemy. The ball launched into my mouth, leaving me with half of a front tooth that pierced my bottom lip. To this day, I still have a mark from that accident. The scar tissue on my lip is a forever reminder of July 6, 2000. We all have scars or marks on our body that remind us of times in the past. My question for you is: what type of marks are you leaving? Are you leaving a scar for Christ in your home, church and school?
We are chosen to be scars for Him!
John 15:16 says “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last.” My fellow mark makers: Isn’t it awesome that God has chosen you and me to make a difference for Him in this world! He hasn’t picked names out of a hat, or interviewed people for positions. Instead, He chose you because of every intricate detail that makes you a beautiful testimony of His grace. He already trusts that you will obey his commands, and leave a scar for Christ everywhere you go. He wants us to bear fruit that leaves a permanent stamp of His goodness.
Leaving your mark
Because God chose us to bear that everlasting fruit- to leave His eternal scar, we must be bold in our actions. As you walk down the hallways of your school, church, or home make a conscious effort to display Christ in all your actions. Whether it is asking someone to not use profanity around you, writing an encouragement note to a younger sister in Christ, or even doing the dishes with out being asked, everything you do can leave a scar of the Savior’s love.
Different Scars
Ladies, all of you have many different gifts and talents that can be used to make a mark for Christ. 1 Peter 4:10 says” Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” To my musically gifted young girls, make a joyful noise to your Creator! You could administer God’s grace to your congregation by being part of the worship team. My friends that have a passion for children: you could leave a mark of Christ’s love on the children of your community by helping in after school activities, or summer camps.
My beautiful sisters, as you find ways to be scars for Christ let beautiful words from Nichole Nordemann ring in your head:
I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?

3 comments:

emilybcummins said...

Lovin' it!
You ARE amazing!

~Emily

Kaytlynn said...

this is really cool,(I'm looking forward to reading it in Brio). I saw you got Brio girl 2008 (Congrads byt) and thought i'd see if you had a blg. and you do. but about this post it's acutally kinda funny (one of the "God Coincidence" things). I was just thinking about how as humans, everywhere we go, we leave a mark (or scar), and how important the little impressions are. There are people who i have met once many years ago, and still till this day have left a mark on me. It is important for us to always leave a little scar of Christ whereever we go. I love the article. I'm sure many other brio sisters will be touched

Kaytlynn said...

this is really cool,(I'm looking forward to reading it in Brio). I saw you got Brio girl 2008 (Congrads byt) and thought i'd see if you had a blg. and you do. but about this post it's acutally kinda funny (one of the "God Coincidence" things). I was just thinking about how as humans, everywhere we go, we leave a mark (or scar), and how important the little impressions are. There are people who i have met once many years ago, and still till this day have left a mark on me. It is important for us to always leave a little scar of Christ whereever we go. I love the article. I'm sure many other brio sisters will be touched