Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yesterday I had the pleasure of going to Geauga Lake with my family. This park has a huge water park attached to it. Grace, Joe and I quickly changed into our swimsuits when we saw the huge water slides! As we grabbed a tube to race each other down the slides, I noticed something. I had to be the only 17 year old girl in a one piece suit there. As I was drying off from the amazing water experience a verse came to mind. Song of Solomon 6:2 says "Like a lily among thorns, so is my darling among the maidens". As children of the King, we are to live set apart. Leslie Ludy and her husband Eric run a ministry that encourages girls (guys as well) to live as the lily (set apart). I heard an interview with Leslie on the radio recently. Her words were so encouraging to me. She explained that God knows the hardships of living set apart. In the verse in Song of Solomon he calls us "his darling".Because we live set apart we can be "darling" for Christ! What an awesome privilege! :) Back to my bathing suit experience...... As I looked around and saw that I looked different than everyone else, I realized the amazing opportunity I have!! As children of the King, we are born to stick out. When others see our actions, they are curious as to why we don't " blend in with the thorns". Our choice of actions demonstrate Christ. My choice of bathing suit is a demonstration of Christ. I want to be HIS lily so that I may spread HIS good news. I never thought that a trip to the water park could teach me such a valuable lesson. For that, I will be forever grateful to the gardener, who daily is shaping me into a lily for Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

missed you the other night at IOG, but very glad you got to go to geagua lake, have fun AND learn a lesson from God, how awesome!

talk to you later. go fair week!!

emilybcummins said...

Great thoughts girl...excited to meet you!

~Emily

no simple highway said...

becky - you completely missed out on the most delicioius pretzels i think i've ever eaten. but - i'm glad geauga lake was fun.